Santel In The Community
Santel Communications Cooperative is committed to the principles of corporate social responsibility and citizenship. Santel maintains a community donation and scholarship program with the express purpose of assisting our service area communities and customers that support our business. Every attempt is made to ensure charitable donation and scholarship dollars are spread fairly throughout the service area for those it may benefit the most.
- Community donation money provided should go to a specific capital expenditure
- Donation will not be provided a “general fund”
- Project should be completed in the same year donation received.
- The charitable donations budget is used to support, organizations and events within the Santel service area only.
- $500.00 is currently budgeted each year for each exchange
Factors for Consideration
- The organization, event or projects primary focuses;
- Types of groups or how many people will this organization, event or project reach or impact;
- What are the future plans for the organization, event or project
- Donation should not be used for recurring or operational expenses
- Support provided must be used directly by the organization, event or project requesting it, and shall not be channeled through another agency.
Community Donation Requests must be received in writing and must include the following information:
- Brief description of your group and how it meets our criteria.
- Name, phone and fax and/or email address of the group or individual making the request.
- Nature of request.
Send Requests to:
Attn: Ryan Thompson
PO Box 67
Woonsocket, SD 57385
RAY JUDY MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP
Each year Santel awards 10 college scholarships to aspiring teens in the area through the Ray Judy Memorial Scholarship Fund. Mr. Judy was a founder of the cooperative and served as its first general manager from 1955 – 1985.