Careers At Santel
Department: Network Operations
Reports to: Network Operations Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Physically cleans and performs custodian care of plant and office. Ensures a clean, orderly plant and office environment. May perform routine maintenance of equipment and make minor repairs to premises and furnishings.
Essential Job Functions
- Maintains company grounds landscaping, grass, and weed control.
- Coordinate with contractors as needed: plumber, electrician, HVAC, landscaping, and any others.
- Keeps sidewalks and driveways clear of snow, ice and debris
- Performs routine maintenance including replacing light bulbs, light fixtures and plumbing fixtures, and performing simple repairs to furnishings as needed.
- Performs monthly fire extinguisher inspections and coordinates annual fire suppression inspections with contractor.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned by management*
*These tasks do not meet the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 definition of essential job functions and are usually less than 5% of time spent. However, these tasks still constitute important performance aspects of the job.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of cleaning products and solutions, proper use and storage
- Knowledge of general building and grounds repair and maintenance.
- Knowledge of company policies and procedures.
- Skill in operating various hand and power tools.
- Skill in operating various cleaning equipment including buffing and stripping machines.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to effectively function as a team player.
Education & Experience
High school diploma or equivalent. Previous custodial experience preferred.
- Requires valid South Dakota driver’s license
|Seeing: Must be able to read computer screen at various reports||X|
|Hearing: Must be able to hear well enough to communicate with customers and industry contacts||X|
|Climbing/Stooping/Kneeling: Must be able to install networks||X|
|Lifting/Pulling/Pushing: Up to 50 lbs.||X|
|Fingering/Grasping/Feeling: Must be able to write, type and use phone system||X|
This factor measures the surroundings or physical conditions under which a job must be done and the extent to which those conditions make the job disagreeable. Consider the presence and relative amount of exposure to dust, dirt, heat, fumes, contaminants, cold, noise, vibration, wetness, etc.
Good working conditions; may be slightly dirty or involve occasional exposure to some of the elements listed above.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Santel is an equal opportunity provider, lender and employer.
Candidates seeking consideration should complete the below information.
There is a section for you to upload a cover letter or resume, but feel free to upload any documentation that will assist in highlighting your credentials.
All submissions will be held in strict confidence.