Careers At Santel
Reports to: Accounting Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Manage and maintain ledgers and financial records in accordance with established guidelines and procedures. Prepares fiscal and management reports. Responsible for general bookkeeping activity such as receipts, accounts payable, accounts receivable, capital credits, payroll, or employee benefit program administration.
Essential Job Functions
- Maintains ledgers and financial records including journal entries, accounts payable/receivable records, and check and cash disbursements in accordance with established guidelines and procedures.
- Posts entries, ensuring balances are accurate and reconciling bank statements.
- Prepare and analyze various financial reports for use by management in assessing financial status of the organization.
- May oversee one or more accounting areas including accounts receivable, accounts payable, purchasing, inventory and payroll by assigning work, checking quality of work, answering questions, creating productive processes, and monitoring workflow to ensure timely completion of accounting activities.
- Monitors contractual terms and conditions of one-time and on-going relationships with vendors and customers, to verify compliance with such agreements.
- Assists with the administration of payroll, Human Resource functions and benefits
- Performs all other related duties as assigned by management.*
*These tasks do not meet the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 definition of essential job functions and are usually less than 5% of time spent. However, these tasks still constitute important performance aspects of the job.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles as well as Part 32.
- Knowledge of State and Federal financial reporting laws and regulations.
- Knowledge of financial analysis, reporting, and investment practices.
- Knowledge of company policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of company products and services.
- Skill in reading and interpreting statistical and financial data.
- Skill in operating various office equipment such as personal computer, various software programs, copier, fax and telephone systems.
- Skill in utilizing Microsoft Windows and Office products
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Ability to communicate with customers, employees and various business contacts in a professional, substantive and courteous manner.
- Ability to make sound decisions using information at hand.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple work assignments.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, related field or equivalent experience. Consideration given to those with additional experience from a regulated industry.
|Seeing: Must be able to read computer screen at various reports||X|
|Hearing: Must be able to hear well enough to communicate with customers and industry contacts||X|
|Climbing/Stooping/Kneeling: Must be able to install networks||X|
|Lifting/Pulling/Pushing: Up to 50 lbs.||X|
|Fingering/Grasping/Feeling: Must be able to write, type and use phone system||X|
This factor measures the surroundings or physical conditions under which a job must be done and the extent to which those conditions make the job disagreeable. Consider the presence and relative amount of exposure to dust, dirt, heat, fumes, contaminants, cold, noise, vibration, wetness, etc.
Good working conditions with the absence of disagreeable conditions.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Santel is an equal opportunity provider, lender and employer.
Candidates seeking consideration should complete the below information.
There is a section for you to upload a cover letter or resume, but feel free to upload any documentation that will assist in highlighting your credentials.
All submissions will be held in strict confidence.