You’ve got questions, we’ve got answers. Here is a list of frequently asked questions.
Santel TV How To Videos
My TV Says No Signal
First, make sure your TV is on the correct input, which could be one of the following: HDMI, Component, Composite, S-Video or Coax, depending on the type of TV you have. Newer TV’s usually use HDMI or Component inputs. TV’s older than nine years will most likely use Coax.
To change inputs: On your remote, press the TV button located on the top left, and then press the input button located on the bottom left. Keep pressing the input button until the picture appears and then press the STB button. (Or you can also change the input by using the original remote that came with your TV.) If that does not work, you will want to reboot your settop box by unplugging it from the electrical source, wait two minutes, and then plug it back in. If neither of these steps resolve the issue, check your other TV’s to see if that particular channel or all channels are experiencing the same problem. If the problem is occurring on just that channel on all of your TV’s, that particular channel may be experiencing difficulties. If the problem is occurring on all channels on all TV’s, then Santel may be experiencing difficulty, but it’s best to contact our office at 611 or 796-4411 to verify that the problem is system-wide and not unique to your location.
Turn Close Captioning On/Off
To turn this feature off and on do the following. Hit the STB button to make sure you are in the correct Set Top Box mode. Then the # key. Which is located to the right of the 0 key. Hitting this multiple times will cycle through the Closed Captioned mode and allow you to turn it off as well.
What is Watch TV Everywhere?
WatchTVEverywhere allows you to watch TV, well, anywhere! As a cable TV subscriber from a participating cable provider, watchTVEverywhere gives you access to TV shows, movies, behind-the-scenes content and more at no additional charge. Once you’ve registered, download apps from your favorite networks for your smartphone, tablet, computer or smart TV and start watching. Not all networks have apps available for all platforms. Check your device’s app store to see what’s available. You can also visit www.watchTVEverywhere.com and click on a network to start watching. The networks that you’ll be able to watch correspond with your cable TV subscription. Not all networks have content available through watchTVEverywhere. Log in to www.watchTVEverywhere.com to see what network you can access.
Watch TV Everywhere Assistance
- Click “Forgot your password” on the log in page
- Enter your registered email address
- Check your email for the reset link
- Click the reset link
- Enter your new password twice
- Click Submit
- Log in to WTVE site
- Click Manage Account
- Enter email address and current password
- Enter new password twice
- Click Change
Change Username (Registered Email):
- Log in to WTVE site
- Click Manage Account
- Click Change Email Address
- Enter current registered Email address and password
- Enter new email address twice
- Check your email for link to update email address. This email will be sent to the new email address.
- Click the link in the email
- Confirmation will be sent to old email address that email has been updated to the new and list the new email
Forgot Registered Email:
- Click “Forgot your email used”
- Enter your account number and last name
- Enter the 5 digit verification code in the box (so we know you are not a robot)
- Click Submit
- Recovery emails will be sent to each email address registered under the account and last name your provided. The Primary email address will receive list of all registered emails, while sub (secondary) accounts receive just their own email address.
TV On My Side
TV On My Side is the voice of independent Cable TV operators like Santel. They work hard to represent us when corporations that control TV programming want to charge unfair prices. Check out the latest news and information regarding what Santel and other Cable TV operators are doing to help keep channels and costs in check.
TV Remote Assistance
To program your remote control as shown (when the remote is backlit)
- Turn on your TV.
- On the remote control, press TV once; it will blink once. Then press and hold SETUP until the TV button blinks twice.
- Type 9 9 1. The TV button will blink twice.
- Aim the remote control at the TV and press POWER once.
- Press and release the CH+ key continuously, then stop when the TV turns off.
- Press POWER. The TV should turn on, then press and hold the SETUP button until the TV LED blinks twice to indicate that the code is saved.
- NOTE: If the TV does not turn on during step 6, then slowly press and release CH- to go back through the codes, then press SETUP when the TV turns on.
- *Now you need to lock the remote infor Master Power (This shuts the power off to the Set Top Box and TV at the same time. If no crucial and can be skipped if desired)
- Press STB
- Press and hold SETUP until the STB button flashes twice
- Press 9 9 5
- Press Power
- Press TV button
- Press SETUP until TV flashes twice
- Make sure you go back to STB Mode on remote upon finishing
Customizing Favorites List
Santel Digital TV has many awesome features designed to enhance your viewing experience. This month we’ll review how you can remove all of the unwanted channels from your guide by creating a favorites list. By default, your set top box has grouped channels into several pre-set Favorites lists including: All Channels, Subscribed Channels, Movie Channels, Sports Channels, Music Channels, Entertainment Channels, Kids Channels, News Channels, Business News Channels, Infotainment Channels, Religious Channels, Regional Channels and HD Channels.